Thursday, July 14, 2011

Engrish #1 - Some Laughs in Shinjuku

Expect this series to run throughout my stay here: posts of me pointing out funny attempts at English made by Japanese people.  I promise I'm not making (too much) fun of them.

 

I think the only price that would truly make me happy would be 0¥...  Also, I should point this out: there are vending machines EVERYWHERE in Tokyo.  Almost every single street corner has a vending machine.  Some even vend beer.  Yeah - cold beer from a vending machine.


I've noticed a lot of French in Tokyo - it's not all bad.  I'm surprised someone here was able to get a sign-maker to get those accents up there.  Also, I have no clue how a Japanese person would pronounce this restaurant's name.


This...  Yeah.  I just really don't know.  There's no word in Japanese (that I or my dictionary know of) with this spelling, and Emoto doesn't really mean anything in English...  Just plain strange, especially since this was a stationary/office supplies store...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here, if you have that much time.

You can use HTML tags like bold, italics and links if you get really bored.